Electronic Model (STI-E Series)
- Ergonomically designed for bes man / machine interaction
- Supports Testing, Compression, Bending, shear and so on
- Printer plotter interface
- Max. Safety
- Pressure transducer with international traceabiluty
- up based/PC based option.
- Loading accuracy as high as +- 1%
- Straining rate to cover a wide rage of materials
- Continuous roll type load elongation recorder
- High reading accuracy due to large size and design of dial
- Simple control to facilitate ease of operation
- Full enclosed and protected load measuring system
- Wide range of standard and special accessories including load stabilizer
- Robust straining frame
- Suitable for standard specimen and also structures
- Motorised UP/DOWN Movement of lower crosshead to enbale easy and rapid fixing of testing specimen.
STI Universal Testing Machine is designed to perform testing, compression, bending and shear tests on metal and other materials, both in the from of test pieces and as finished products.
Principle of Operation
The test specimen is subjected to load with hydraulic system and is measured precisely with pendulum dynamometer.
Load is applied by a hydrostatically lubricated ram. The oil pressure in the main cylinder is transmitted to the cylinder of the pendulum dynamometer housed in the control panel. The dynamometer piston exerts a force proportionate to the hydraulic pressure. This force is transfered through a leverage system to a pendulum.
Displacement of pendulum actuates the rack and pinion mechanism which operates the load indicated pointer. Return movement of pendulum is effectively damped to absorb energy in the event of sudden breakage of specimen.
Machine comprises of the following:
The consists of a hydraulic cylinder and piston mounted on arobust base. The loading frame consists of an upper crosshead, middle crosshead nad lower table.
The uper crosshead and lower table hard chrome plated columns.
The middle crosshead is fitted on two hard columns plated threaded columns.
A reduction gear motor drivers the chain and sprockets fixed at the bottom of the threaded columns for height adjustments.
The cylinder and ram is individually lapped to eliminate friction. Axial loading of the system is ensured by provision of a ball seating under the lower tbale.
An elongation scale with count of 1mm is provided for measurement of deformation on various sample.
Tensile test is conducted by gripping the test specimen between the upper and middle crosshead. Compression, Transverse, Bending and Shear tests are conducted between the middle crosshead and the lower table.
The control panel consists of the hydraulic system, complete with drive motor, oil pump, pendulum dynamometer and the load indicatig system.
The power pack has a directly driven pump which generates a maximum pressure of 200 kgf/cm2. The hydraulic pump produces a continous non-pulsating oil flow. Hence the laod application is very smooth. A pressure compensated flow control valve is provided which controls oil flwo to the main cylinder. The maintains constant rate of piston movement and hence straining rate and gives infinitely variable oil flwo to obtain differents tates of straining.